Dinner express, Shakshouka is for you.
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 medium tomatoes finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove finely diced
- 1/3 tsp tomato concentrate
- 1/2 tsp red pepper paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 soft bread toasts
- green to garnish
- 100 g Feta cheese optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle the pan with olive oil. Once the oil hot add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and red bell pepper if you are adding some. Cook for 7 minutes then add the garlic,the tomato paste and red pepper paste. Give them a good stir and let them cook all together for 10 minutes, add salt, ground pepper and smoked paprika.
- Increase the heat to a simmer then reduce.
- Form 6 wells in the sauce, place eggs in each hole and let them cook. You might want to cover the eggs with a lid for 2 minutes. Grill bread and sprinkle with young green and even sour pomegranate seeds. Seasson and it is ready!