My favorite quiche!
Easy to prepare quiche
Portobello mushroom quiche
- 200 g butter Softened butter cut into cubes
- 400 g flour
- 125 g water cold
- 1 tsp salt, Smoked paprika, ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- 1 stalk leek
- 4 portobello mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 5 slices chorizo or dried tomato or bacon
- 1 stalk Thyme optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp balsamic
- pinch oregano
- 1 cup parmesan or swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika, Ground pepper, salt Each
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the softnened butter cut it into flour until mixture resembles a crumble. It is important not to knead the dough. Add the cold water gradually by lifting and turning the flour and butter mixture. Form a ball and wrap it in a cling film. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust a working counter with flour, roll out the dough gradually.Roll dough to a thin tart pan, previously greased. Fold overlap back inside to make a double thickness. Press the edges against the pan. Refregerate for an hour before pre-baking.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, Dijon mustard, liquid cream, salt, smoked paprika and ground pepper. Whisk together
- In a thick skillet, on medium heat, drizzle some olive oil, add the shredded leeks, stir until they soften. Add a handful of button mushroom, or a portobello cut into medium size pieces, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 4 portobello mushrooms to the skillet cap down until they slightly brown, drizzle balsamic vinegar on the gills and sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven at 200C. Remove tart pan for the fridge, using a fork, prick the bottom and sides of the crust all over.Bake for 15 minutes and remove.Turn down the oven to 175C. Spread the leeks and mushrooms over the cooked cooled crust. Pour egg mixture carefully over top. Cover with the 4 Portobello mushrooms.Bake for 40 minutes until custard is set and golden.
- Spread the leeks and mushrooms over the cooked cooled crust. Pour egg mixture carefully over top. Cover with the 4 Portobello mushrooms. Add chorizo rings in betweenBake for 40 minutes until custard is set and golden.