Rich chocolate loaf cake , perfect with a cup of tea.
Rich Chocolate Cake
- 200 g Eggs measured without the shell
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 200 g butter
- 170 g Flour sifted
- 60 g cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g Dark chocolate Grossly cut
- 1 shot espresso optional
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 200 g liquid cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 10 minutes
- Incorporate one egg at a time, beat well between each addition, you might want to add only 1 teaspoon of flour to the wet mix.
- Fold in the sifted flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Do not over beat, just incorporate gently until full absorption
- Add the chocolate finely chunked to the batter, give it a stir.
- Preheat the oven at 175C. Prepare a loaf tin, butter and cover with a parchment paper. pour the batter oven the tin and bake for 35 minutes or until you insert a stick and it comes out perfectly dry. Remove cake for the oven, let it rest 10 minutes in the tin then unmold on a rack until totatlly cool.
Prepare the ganache
- Place the chocolate drops in a bowl.Heat over low heat the liquid cream. Remove it immediately before the first ebullition
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir, the chocolate should melt totally.
- Place the cake on the top of a rack and cover it with the ganache. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes then pour over the cake the rest of the ganache. Double glaze!