Last year on New Year’s eve, I decided to make these fizzy cupcakes in Batroun. I had a big party at home during Corona times. needless to tell you we all did priorly PCRs and I was so ready to take a chance after the continuous lockdowns. I tested the recipe and what a success, this year I am making these cupcakes for sure and in Batroun, the only place where I feel happier nowadays,This recipe is certainly not mine, it belongs to Jennifer Meyering! I added the star cookies for an extra peps,
Champagne cupcakes please
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Rosé champagne or white
- 2 cups Flour all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rosé champagne
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven at 175C. Line cupcake tin with golden liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one mixing in between each addition.
- Stir in the champagne. In a seperate bowl. mix in the flour, salt, baking powder and add them to the wet ingredients until fully combined. Do not over mix for gluten reasons.
- Scoop batter into cake tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cream together butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until peaks form.Scoop out into piping bad and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Keep it simple or garnish with star cookies. Chill before serving.