Bundt cake alert! I so enjoy making this ginger bundt cake around Christmas like you have no idea!
It just smells like Christmas when ever I bake this cake, the orchestra of spices is just amazing and subtle by the way.
I found this recipe on the cover of a bundt cake that I purchased from Nordicware, a brand that I just adore! You can use any bundt cake mold or even just a regular cake pan, avoid silicone in my opinion.
Icing and cherry on the top is up to you!
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over at 165C. Grease your baking pan, dust with sifted cocoa powder, flip over the sink to keep a thin film.
Combine all the dry ingredients together
- Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon,cloves,nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth and light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well between each addition. Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed and incorporate the dry ingredients to the batter alternately with milk.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt cake, spread with a spatula evenly and bake for 55 to 66 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, cake is done.
- Wait 10 minutes before unmolding over a grill. Let it cool down and serve.