Easy Vanilla Cookies
Fill them with your favorite jams. Mine is strawberry.
- 450 g Flour
- 225 g Unsalted Butter
- 225 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Beaten egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add the flour and mix together. Bring together to a dough. Wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the dough to 4 batches and on a waxing paper, roll out the dough into a thin layer.
- Cover with a waxed paper and place in the freezer. Proceed with the rest of the dough. I usually leave them for just 5 minutes, this technique helps a lot with a cutting procedure.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes maximum or until slightly golden.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @thekitchenbabe on Instagram and hashtag it #thekitchenbabe