Baking in the morning has something magical, the senses wake up to a total well being triggered by happy hands. I decide, I create, I smell. I see, I touch, I taste a crunchy nest of golden layers filled with warm apple compote and something fresh , colourful and juicy on the top. I am aware. Baking in the morning puts me in a good mood, my cup of tea or coffee, the sound of a sleeping city, yes I can hear it, and my kitchen is neat and ready. I love creating a mess but I can never cook or bake in a messy kitchen. The canvas has to be white.
So what I did this morning. I had a couple of puff pastry boxes and berries in the fridge. So I went for the small tarts. I purchased an apple compote from Souk el Tayeb and I never knew what to do with it. So here I needed it to moist and flavour those croustillants bites.
So the recipe goes like this,
. 1 pack puff pastry
. apple compote
. Blueberries and rasberries
- On a working plan, unroll the puff pastry, cut rectangular dough shapes with a knife.
- lay them on a baking tray with a wax paper parchment .
- Tweeze the 4 angles of the rectangle with your fingers, you need to close the frames.
- Fill the center of the futur tarts with a spoonful of apple compote.
- In a preheated over, 210 degrees, bake the tarts for 20 mins or until golden, puffed and crunchy.
- Remove the baking tray, let it cool down for 6 mins. Them garnish with the blueberries and raspberries previously washed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy your morning